Certified Public Accountant: Thirty years of accounting experience with 15 years experience as a Certified Public Accountant. Background in small to medium business accounting and tax returns as well as individual tax returns. Experience in performing non-profit audits and sales tax audits.
Partner in local accounting firm managing office operations, staffing, software integration, and building client relationships. Implemented online business services for customers to outsource internal accounting. Supervision of department in charge of reconciliation and preparation of monthly financial statements from client records.
- Preparation and review of individual, non-profit, and small to medium business corporate returns from 1988 through present.
- Preparation of fiduciary returns for estates and trusts.
- Treasurer for local community non-profit organization.
- Experience in serving as bankruptcy trustee for Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
- Worked with an attorney to investigate corporate embezzlement including reconstruction of internal records, report of findings and recommendations. The project was completed and resulted in successful prosecution of the thief who was sentenced to prison and restitution for the crime.